Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Epic Fantasy Review: Lord of Chaos (The Wheel of Time #6) by Robert Jordan

Lord of Chaos (Wheel of Time, #6)Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Alright, somehow I almost forgot to review this one properly. This isn't my most favorite of the Wheel of Time books, but I still love it, though while reading I tend to swap between liking and disliking it. For example, I particularly dislike what happens to Rand in this one, but I love the way Jordan handles his descent into madness. I dislike what the Aes Sedai do to Egwene (or at least why), but I love how she handles it. I think the bickering is a bit over the top, but it's also amusing to me.

Lots of folks seem to dislike how the women in this story behave, and they're right to do so. They are egotistical; they are disrespectful to each other and particularly to men; and they are petty. They are also strong. They persevere. They grow and try to be better. In other words, they are human, and that's interesting.

Just like in previous installments, this is a massive book. I am glad I have it in paperback because it helps to be able to see how much is left. I got to a point where I thought I was done and still had 200 pages left. That's normal for Wheel of Time books.

Overall, I love this book and this series. I recommend the series to folks who love epic fantasy, including all the detail and description the genre tends to have. However, if you haven't enjoyed the series up to this point, I don't think there's much chance you'll like this book. Then again, if you've made it this far, why not finish?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment