Saturday, June 7, 2014

Romance Review: Love & Freedom by Sue Moorcroft

Love & FreedomLove & Freedom by Sue Moorcroft
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pretty good romance novel, similar style to those I used to read from Harlequin when I was a teenager. It took me a while to finish it because it's pretty long, but it flows well and the pacing is good.

Recommended for those who like a bit of romance and drama. Not particularly realistic, but who wants that in a romance anyway? When I read something that's pegged a romance, I want to be swept off my feet with the heroine. I want the implausible, the lucky, and the tragic to all work out in the end and give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I also want to be able to like the two who are destined to fall in love. I got all that from this story. It's a nice escape.

I picked this up on Amazon during a free promotion.

View all my reviews

-------

Just a side note. I used to read these things all the time, but I've noticed that being more mature and having experienced love and all that goes with it, I am much more able to empathize with the characters. It's a strange thing how a few years and a bit of experience changes how a book (or genre) feels when you read it.  I'd be curious to hear what your experiences are. Do you have a favorite book or type of book from when you were younger that you now see with new eyes? Do you find you like it more now or more back then?  Share your experiences in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment