Saturday, February 14, 2015

New Release: The Freeze by Patricia Hamill

Today is release day for The Freeze, my fifth published book. I wrote this back in November 2013 as part of the NaNoWriMo challenge. That year I had decided not to participate, but halfway through, I relented and managed to finish just in time on November 30. Unlike some stories, this one just flew. Everything worked, and the ideas kept coming.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun writing this, and I hope you’ll check it out. I look forward to finding out what you think. I still get a thrill when I see someone has left a review.

On Amazon: US / UK / CA / AU
The Freeze by Patricia Hamill 
Released February 14, 2015

When life gives you lemons, dig deep and stay there. Ignore reality and pretend everything is fine. Make the kids go to school, pretend they aren't hungry. Make them pretend not to see the worry on every face, poorly hidden. Life doesn't give us lemons, it gives us ice. It gives us ice and hail and destruction. Life doesn't give, it takes. In a frozen future where survivors have taken refuge in an underground tunnel system, Andrea, sick of writing sappy, optimistic essays for what the adults call school, decides to try her luck on one of the scavenging crews. With the help of a boy she likes, she pretends to be a boy and joins the team. But the job isn't at all what she expected, and she soon finds herself separated from the team, lost and alone in the frozen city.


Now available in Kindle and Paperback on Amazon. Check out this and other books by Patricia Hamill on her Amazon Author Page.

Don’t forget to add The Freeze to your shelves on Goodreads or Shelfari!

No comments:

Post a Comment