Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Poetry Review: Tennessee Haiku by Charles Hooper

Tennessee Haiku by Charles Hooper
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Beautiful poetry.

I read these over the course of a month.

Each one brings an image to mind and many bring with them an emotion. I love the natural focus, the lonely images, and the relatability of these compact poems.

I never imagined haiku could be so powerful. I want more people to read these, and I want to read them again.

They don't seem to be organized by theme, though some themes come up again and again. I suspect they are simply presented in the order they were written.

I highly recommend this for those who enjoy haiku, particularly with a focus on nature. These are a mix of humorous, thought provoking, and poignant.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment