Saturday, April 12, 2014

Dystopian Review: Wool by Hugh Howey

Wool (Wool, #1)Wool by Hugh Howey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lot's of story in just a few pages. Worth picking up. Leaves you thinking.

Wool starts off with the main character making a long climb to his death, the sound of children playing an odd counterpart to his solemn goal. Right away it got me wondering whether he was truly going to do it. How could you think of death when children are laughing? And that is what hooked me.

From there, I devoured this book. Learning each new tidbit about the main character's world. Guessing with him. Mourning with him. Hoping with him. The images seem real to me, even several days later. I can say this story, short as it is, deeply moved me.

I loved this story for the way it left me thinking and for the way it drew me in emotionally. It's also quite chilling. I highly recommend Wool to people who enjoy dystopians.

I picked this book up while it was on a free promotion on Amazon. I'd heard good things about this story and the author before then, so I felt pretty lucky to come across it for free.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment