Saturday, January 18, 2014

Short Story Review: Adventurer's Honeymoon by Kevin L. O'Brien

Adventurer's HoneymoonAdventurer's Honeymoon by Kevin L. O'Brien
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a quick, fun little short story featuring a couple on their honeymoon. It's just long enough to introduce the characters and show off their fighting prowess. It hints at a larger story in which the characters play a major part and is followed by several excerpts, which make up a majority of the ebook content.

The fight scene is well written and enjoyable to read. I think other stories by this author might be worth looking in to, but I prefer longer stories. I'd want to read a story that takes a bit longer to get through to get a better feel.

Between the time I picked this up and the time I wrote this review, the cover changed. The original cover gave the impression that this would be a comical tale, but I don't think this can be considered a comedy. There were some humorous moments, but it's not the focus I think. Still, the original cover seems to make more sense than the one with the bird on it. The young newlyweds fighting played a much bigger part than the large bird companion that the two can ride.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment