Sunday, September 15, 2013

Back to the drawing board...

Here's another legacy post from my Goodreads blog.


November 14, 2012
Back to the drawing board...

Last time I detoured into a quick tally of all the books I devoured this year. This time, let's go back to where I left off.

I had come up with a few easy (read short cut) steps and worked up the courage to send a query letter to an agent. The response was swift and decisive. Either my book or my pitch was lacking. So, back to the drawing board I went.

First off, I needed to come up with some more realistic steps for attracting an agent, steps based on actual research. So here is the revised plan I came up with:
1. Write another book (or books).

2. Get published, somehow.

3. Earn a following.

4. Start a blog.

This list wasn't quite as simple as the first one, but each goal, simple or not, was a worthy accomplishment in its own right.

Maybe I wouldn't attract an agent or write the next big best seller, but what I would gain would be worth the effort. Now, all I had to do was get started.

First up, new book...
       
Published on November 14, 2012 17:00Tags: agents, blog, following, publishing, writing

Check out what happened next here!

Funny story, I didn't mean to post this one at all, but I was going through my old posts and beefing them up, adding labels, adding pictures, etc.  I guess this one was hiding out and I didn't realize I never made it live.  Go figure. 

Have you ever posted on accident?  What happened? Tell me in the comments...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment