Friday, July 3, 2015

Shadows of Valor is complete! On finishing a trilogy...

Yeah, I know I've posted about this before, but I'm still excited about it. Even more so now, because I just received my first review for Fight for Valor on the Michaelscifan blog.
 
You know, it's very scary putting out a book. But what's even more scary is putting out the final book in a series or trilogy. There's this overbearing feeling of potential failure, that people will be disappointed, that as an author you'll drop the ball. I've seen this happen with other trilogies. I spent much longer finishing and then editing this one than with any other. I redesigned all the kindle covers so that they had a common feel but were distinct from each other. I read this thing from front to back more than a dozen times, to check for errors, to gage the flow, to confirm, at least to myself, that the story was fun to read and interesting. Finally, I took some deep breaths and hit publish.
 
And then I waited. I posted some links and put half of my books on sale in celebration. I asked for reviews from just a couple of folks who liked the first two books. And last night, late, I saw the first review. I feel like that one person reading and loving my book has made it all worth it.
 
Will everyone love it? Probably not. But I know one person did, and that just makes my day.
 
 



And, if that wasn't enough, he also reviewed my other newish release, The Freeze. I must say I'm pretty excited about this one, too. I think my only regret is that I didn't flesh The Freeze out more. A common thread in all the reviews so far is that it missed opportunities. A good lesson I plan to take to heart. But, still, folks do seem to like it, and that's awesome.

Here's the link to Michaelscifan's The Freeze review.

No comments:

Post a Comment