Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Review: The Sun Dwellers


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Absolutely a must read!
The Dwellers Saga concludes with the Sun Dwellers. Adele and Tristan set off for the Sun Realm with their close friends on a mission to kill the tyrant, President Nailin. They face nearly impossible odds on what just may turn out to be a suicide mission, but the Sun Dweller army is wreaking havoc in the Moon and Star Realms and their people can't last for long.
The action and imagery in this story surpassed even my high expectations (based on its predecessors). The artificial sky with it's man made sun and diamond stars captured my imagination. The reveling citizens, the crowds, the disguises, all are vividly portrayed in a fun and fluid way. And of course, the end game is fantastic and kept me up way too late for my own good.

What's even better? You get the bonus short story featuring Adele's mom, Anna, and a young warrior she meets when the Sun Dweller attack hits the Moon Realm. David Estes has a gift for bringing strong female protagonists to life in a believable way.

If you like this book, you will adore Fire Country by David Estes. I goofed and read it before I read the Dwellers Saga (it's set in the same world), but I absolutely adored it. Its sequel, Ice Country, is already out and I can't wait to read it.

View all my reviews

Published on April 30, 2013 18:51



 

No comments:

Post a Comment